Wednesday, January 30, 2008

Left to my own devices


Wow would I like a mouse. Not a real mouse, but.. well, I suppose it is real. I mean: Not the mammal, but a computer mouse. I suppose I don't even have to explain that much seeing as this is some sort of blog and it would be unlikely I was talking about the mammal in the first place. Nevertheless, I don't quite have a desk yet, and I can't seem to rig up some satisfactory system for using a mouse. Now that I think about it, I already have a mouse. It's a satisfactory workspace I need.
Anyways, right now all I can seem to use is my synaptic pointing device. I know. Its name gets me excited too, but it really is annoying to use because it always clicks when I don't mean to. Yes yes, I know I can adjust the sensitivity and whatnot, but it doesn't seem to make that much difference. I can't tell you how irritating it is when I'm trying to draw stupid pictures on Paint when little lines keep appearing because I swept across the pad too hard or quickly or something. I am getting pretty quick with the 'undo' function though, not to mention how much harder it is to make nice smooth lines than as opposed to a mouse. Just imagine if I had a tablet or something like those web comic artists. Man that would kick.

No comments: