Thursday, February 11, 2010

Grey matter



So I was on a computer at school and someone had taped a little message to the monitor, I suppose as a thought provoking gesture. It seems to have worked because it has made me think about some stuff. But really I think about stuff all the time, but maybe not the stuff they want me to think about with their little message.
Anyways, the message said:

Avoid holding on to ideas just because you are used to them.

At first I was like, “yeah, I guess that makes sense,” being a dude who not so humbly thinks he’s pretty tolerant and open minded, or at least understanding. Then I got thinking about how being like that means I’m never really sure about anything. It’s the truth that the more I learn the less I know, or maybe the less I care. Or it might be the truth. See. Long ago was I tired of people being sure they’re right about anything. I sometimes begin to wonder if they are right merely by the fact that I never believe I’m right. But then I think that, I may not know anything for sure, but I might be able to tell what’s worthwhile, and roll with that.

No comments: