Thursday, October 30, 2008

Commercial review


So I normally try not to be too commercial or endorse one brand over another on this blog, though there have been a few exceptions. Usually it occurs when such and such a product is related to a human roblog tenet, such as 3m's Scotch-Brite pads for dishwashing. This is actually pretty difficult a lot of the time because I enjoy watching commercials so much, and often want to mention them here. I have dabbled with the possibility of beginning another blog for television commercial review, but that is crazy because I have a hard enough time merely getting posts up here.
So I'm doing it anyways. Robhut.
But I think television commercials reflect corporations' opinions of their audience. I am almost offended when huge corporations have crappy, or poorly thought out commercials. I know I personally enjoy the funny ones the most. I probably hold some bias in this respect, but I know that outside the realm of funny ads there is plenty of acceptable commercial advertising (like a Head & Shoulder commercial) and then there is not even trying (like so many McCain [foods] commercials).
So enjoy.

No comments: