Tuesday, May 20, 2008

Muscle Beach


So it's spring and the weather is getting nicer, but I still go to the gym. I ride the stationary bike, and run on the stationary treadmill. I couldn't figure it out for a while. I mean, a year ago, the concepts of 'stationary bike' and 'treadmill' were antithetical to my existence. In the winter I could almost appreciate them, but once it is warm and sunny and nice and all, anyone who didn't go outside was a chump. Pumping iron I can see, ... see to the MAXXXXX! but for running or biking? Hrm.. Then it finally hit me. TV. Closed captioning brought to you by Tylenol. Watching Snoop videos while I listen to Yellowcard on my mp3. I don't have any of that at my crumby little basement. I really should go outside, but I'm going anyway for the pumping of iron part, right? So I may as well watch Sue Thomas FBI while I'm there. I'll get a sunburn later when I mow the lawn.

No comments: