Wednesday, April 30, 2008

Painting a landscape


So I mowed the lawn for the first time this year. And may I say: It was excellent. I really like mowing the lawn. Not only does it allow you to get out and enjoy nature and such, but it also allows you to get out and destroy it a bit too. I’m also getting pretty good at small engine repair. But cutting grass is a bit more than that. It’s a little like an art. An art where you burn gas. Like that guy I saw on Daily Planet who paints with jet engines. Nevermind. On second thought, that might not be art – or maybe art for suckers - but he is burning gas.
Anways, back to the lawn. It’s like a game of snake, except you can mow over your tail, and when you’re done the lawn, it looks pretty and you have an excellent sense of accomplishment, and a sunburn. Awesome.

1 comment:

Brodie said...

Dear Rob. I think you enjoy mowing the lawn a little too much. I remember you talking about your enjoyment of it back in Tulita. Did you hear what happened to poor Randy? He ain't working for Northern any more. His wife had sticky fingers in the office.