Friday, March 7, 2008

Robstruck

I remember this one time I met Pat Pentland. It was in Ottawa, in the National Bank ATM just beside what used to be Capital City Music Hall (that used to be the Liquor Dome). I was going to the Sloan concert that night. He musta' thought I was a retard (sorry for that, but I can't think of any other way to put it). I was like OMG!!!!!!!!!!!!!! It's Pat Pentland. For a second I thought it was weird that he was wearing a trucker hat, but that thought quickly passed because OMG!!!!!!!!!!!! It's Pat Pentland. I think I shook his hand, and he had to go. I didn't even think of asking for an autograph, or of asking some smart question, or of expressing appreciation for his music and excellent ability to wail.
The same thing happened when I saw Eric Nagler. I even knew he was going to be there because I volunteered as an usher at the Academy Theatre in Lindsay for his show. When he walked by I blurted something like "Holy crap! It's Eric Nagler!" He gave me a look, like I was mocking him, but I was wasn't. It's Eric Nagler!!! Did anyone else ever watch TVO! The Elephant Show!
So, man does this post have too many exclamation marks!!! But those are basically the only two famous people I've ever seen or met, yet despite professing to be somewhat intelligent, my mind disappears around celebrity. It just doesn't make sense. I mean, they're people too. Right?

No comments: