Thursday, January 15, 2009

Brainiac



So I was watching Smallville again and got thinking about how we ought to destroy all computers now. It is a well proven fact that movies hail artificial intelligence as the potential end to mankind. Usually in movies though people manage to overcome these troublesome computers. Except maybe in the Terminator, where it's more of a resistance. I have less faith in real life mankind.
Anyways. Smallville got me thinking about Brainiac, and how he's such a formidable opponent and I wonder if all this computer angst is just a natural scarediness in people about a changing world, and especially a technologically changing world, where machines and technology seem to be driving forward so fast that it is overwhelming. And it really seems inevitable that computers will start thinking for themselves one of these days. Everyone knows how retarded purely rational thought can be.
Oh well. I guess it wouldn't really be too good for my blog though if I threw my computer in the lake. It's also frozen right now.

1 comment:

Zander said...

I went to the gym the other day, and I put the TV on channel 11, WPIX, expecting it to be Family Guy, but in fact it was Smallville. There were no subtitles, so I had to guess what was going on. I recognized Clark Kent saving some children, and Jackie Chiles doing some investigating.